Roy Ruda has a wide range of experience in acquisition, development, leasing, secured financing and asset management with respect to a broad range of real estate products, including enclosed, neighborhood and power retail centers, first class office buildings, industrial developments and mixed-use facilities. Roy is regularly involved in the negotiation and drafting of land contracts, acquisition and construction loans, build-to-suit retail leases, anchor leases, outparcel sales, site development agreements and operation and reciprocal easement agreements. Prior to joining KKG, Roy was Associate General Counsel and Senior Real Estate Manager in the Atlanta office of The Sembler Company, a Florida based retail and mixed-use developer.
When not in the office, Roy enjoys cycling, hiking, international travel and Texas Hold 'em Poker.
- "Minimizing Rental Losses Requires Active Management, Days of 'Set It and Forget It' Are Gone," The Journal of Corporate Renewal (published May 2011).
- "Leasing Covenants: A Viable Alternative To Exclusives," ICSC Retail Law Strategist (published January 2007).
- Real Estate Development From Beginning to End in Georgia; Lorman Educational Services, Instructor (August 2008, August 2007 and August 2006).
- Retail Leasing in a Recessionary Economy: How to Keep Clients Happy and Still Sign Leases; State Bar of Georgia Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Instructor (September 2008).
- Roundtable discussion leader at the 2006 ICSC Law Conference on the topic of the ABCs of Real Estate Development in Puerto Rico.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- New Jersey, 2002
- New York, 2003
- Georgia, 2005
- Emory University, J.D., 2002
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., 1998