David Cooper, a shareholder in the firm, is known to be a trusted advisor and friend, and a formidable and reliable protector of his clients’ interests -- inside and outside of the courtroom. David has earned various recognitions over the course of his career. He was included in the Best Lawyers in America Consumer Guide, was included in The Best of United States, Inc. (Best of US.Com), and was included as a Georgia Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine. David has been retained by publicly and privately held corporations alike to work on both litigation and transactional matters. He has been a “go-to” lawyer for private wealth firms whose high net worth clients seek strategic advice and counseling in a variety of their business matters. He is retained as local counsel by law firms outside of Georgia seeking expertise in handling of matters local to Georgia. David’s clients have also asked him to handle their legal needs in multiple other states/territories within the United States. He has over the course of his career been asked to serve on local boards of community organizations, including the Atlanta Public Library, the Anti-Defamation League, the Atlanta Jewish Committee, and Hands On Atlanta.
David’s civil litigation experience includes successful handling of cases at both the state and federal court levels, in arbitrations and mediations, and he has experience addressing disputes that involve a broad variety of topics, including: real estate, business torts, construction, breaches of contract, corporate break-ups, probate/will contests, banking, bankruptcy, fiduciary duties, intellectual property infringement, leasing, personal injuries, title insurance, professional malpractice, shareholder and partnership disagreements, tax appeals and zoning/land use issues.
David’s transactional experience has been centered on land acquisition and commercial-retail and multi-family real estate development in various areas within the United States, real estate financing, construction contracts, licensing and distribution arrangements, professional services agreements (e.g., architecture, engineering, medical, etc.) and employment agreements and employment severance agreements.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Best Lawyer's in America: Consumer Guide
- The Best of United States, Inc. (Best of US.Com)
- Super Lawyers
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who in Rising Young Americans
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Bleckley Inns of Court
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- State of Georgia Superior
- State and Magistrate Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- United States Tax Court
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A.